Monday, January 21, 2013

Childhood Memory

      Sitting on the bench, head down, hood up. The sun is shinning with snow melting around me. I hear the other children laughing, playing, and running around. The sound seems muffled as I sit alone, no friends, no one to care, and not a soul that notices the basically invisible girl. I start to sing to myself, the sweet voice of a fifth grader making up the sad songs she feels in her heart. As I sing the tears start to fall slowly down my face while the loneliness wallows up in my eyes. The children just laugh, making rude remarks to the fat little girl that has no friends. The tears fall faster, nobody realizes how sweet the girl is and how big of a heart she has. The tears were a daily thing as people continued to make fun of me. Not one person realized until seventh grade that I was one of the best friends they could ever have. Caring for everyone, loving even the people I disliked, and being there for people no matter what the situation. The problem, no one is ever there for me, they weren't in fifth grade and they aren't now. As I kept crying my teacher Mrs.R came out to comfort me. She took my hand and helped me off the bench, her arms embrace me to comfort my tears and my heart. As fifth grade went on, she became my best friend; when she needed help I was there, and when I needed help she was there for me. From that time on I have continued to be friends and find better relations with people older than me. The memories and feelings of my childhood my hurt, but it brings me to be the person I am today.  





 

1 comment:

  1. I love your first couple lines. I can totally see you and what you are describing. Very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete